Monarch™ II Camera brings advanced AgriTech applications, for growers, agronomists and supply-chain partners. Bringing the lab to the field, enables plant health monitoring, nutrients monitoring, pest detection, pesticide residues detection and many more high-end diagnostic functions.
Monarch II camera is suitable for both hand-held inspection and installations in greenhouses, vertical growing facilities, robotics and machine vision platforms. By using spectral IR imaging, Monarch II provides a new layer of information. The NIR light reflections of plants, chemicals and minerals contain information that is invisible to the human eye. Monarch II small and light camera captures detailed monochrome, monospectral frames in 700nm-950nm NIR spectral range that unveil actionable information. As a multi-spectral NIR camera, Monarch II can measure large samples and unlike point devices, enables context understanding.
Monarch II opens a new array of applications, possibilities and opportunities for agriculture individuals and cooperatives. For example, it enables easy and inexpensive advanced field tests, allowing on-spot decision-making, offers quality grading for supply-chain partners with quantified values that are acceptable to all parties. Its affordable cost and simplicity: remove the entry barrier to wide adoption in agriculture sensing and diagnostic solutions, installed in greenhouses, vertical facilities, robots and traditional machinery.
Embedded / fixed applications
The camera can be embedded in any research, manufacturing, sorting, logistics or commercial line and connect to any real-time analysis, inspection and control system through a USB-C PC connection. The camera controls, settings and output analysis are provided through a Windows application.
Monarch II helps to improve yield, prevent plant disease propagation, automate processing and many new applications such as:
- Field applications Monarch handheld [connected to smartphone] or installed in a larger monitoring system, is always available and can provide immediate diagnostics of soil, individual plant stress or the sanity of an entire field. You can test water content, NPK, magnesium, iron, calcium, sugar, PH, starch, acid, protein, amylose and amylopectin for health, maturity and other values in various produce such as tomatoes, apples, bananas, grains and more.
- Processing line applications Real-time NIR capture and analysis is used for measuring, detecting, analyzing, quality control, sorting, in any harvesting, processing, or packing systems. Monarch II can indicate defects, firmness, rottenness and pesticide presence.
- Livestock and fish analysis Diagnose health indicators, stress, protein, fat and other animal husbandry indicators.
- Water stress monitoring in crops to control watering requirements
- Fertilizer (Nitrogen) stress monitoring in crops to control fertilization requirements
- Fungal contamination detection in crops, so the grower can add pesticide or separate between sick and healthy plants
- Detection of pesticides residues (e.g., Chloropyriphos/Cypermithrin) due to over spraying on leaves of Soybean, Okra, Groundnut (pea nut), Brinjal